Saturday, October 13, 2012

Dewey's Readathon Hours 1-6

Update 12:54:

Books Read: 3
Book finished: A Monster Calls - Patrick Ness - I was not going to do plot summaries of every book I read but this one packs quite the emotional punch. Yikes. I might have to take a little break to recover from that.
Snacks consumed: one banana
Total pages: I have no idea.

Update at 11:54 am

SNACKS





















Books read: 1
Currently reading: A Ribbon of Shining Steel on page 120
Pages read total: 326

Update at 10:46 am

Books read: 1
Book Title: Jennings Goes to School
Number of pages: 206


Yay it is finally Readathon time! Sure enough I was right because the book that I started was "Jennings goes to School" by Anthony Buckeridge which was not in my Stack!

Introductory Questionnaire 

1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
Washington DC

2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to today?
I think I'm going to have to say Silhouette of a Sparrow by Molly Beth Griffin

3)Which snack are you most looking forward to?
Oh that's easy enough I got a Conscious Box yesterday and it was full of yummy snacks. The timing was coincidental but I'll take it.

4) Tell us a little something about yourself.
I'm a librarian/archivist with an interest in digital preservation. Also I'm addicted to Pret a Manger which unfortunately for my budged they have right near me.

5) If this is your first read-a-thon what are you most looking forward to?
Just being able to sit down and read without feeling guilty about it.

6 comments:

  1. Wow, you're off to a great start! Enjoy your books today :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gaby,

    I used random.org to draw a winner for the snack challenge and you won.

    Can you contact me at cynni _universe @ hotmail . com with the foodie book of your choice (up to $10) from the book depository and your address? :) Please include your country too. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I won something. I absolutely will. Thanks so much.

      Delete
  3. Congrats on reading three books already! You are kicking the Readathon's butt!
    Keep on reading! :)

    ReplyDelete