Sunday, October 14, 2012

Read-a-thon Wrap Up


Well I faded out after Hour 18 and didn't really read anything else so here are the wrap-up questions.

1.Which hour was most daunting for you?
I think the early hours of the morning because I got to a point about 1:30 am where I just couldn't read anymore. I decided to go to bed at 3 am because I had not picked up a book again so I figured why am I still awake?
2. Could you list a few high interest books you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
I read a lot of YA and Middle Grade books. The adult books I read were ones that I had been wanting to read for quite some time. I didn't read any because I wasn't feeling mystery-ish but I think shorter mysteries are also very good.
3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon?
I think it would be nice if at about Hour 18 or Hour 20 there could be a survey to all the still active participants. Twitter was full of people saying they were going to bed.
4. What do you think worked really well during this year's Read-a-thon?
I loved all the different min-challenges.
5) How many books did you read?
Eight
6) What were the names of the books you read?
Jennings Goes to School - Anthony Buckeridge
A Ribbon of Shining Steel (Dear Canada) - Julie Lawson
A Monster Calls - Patrick Ness and Siobhan Dowd
Seriously... I'm Kidding  - Ellen DeGeneres
The Prairie Thief - Melissa Wiley
Laura Lamont's Life in Pictures - Emma Straub
Silhouette of a Sparrow - Molly Beth Griffin
The Red Blazer Girls: The Ring of Rocamadour - Michael Beil
7) Which book did you enjoy most?
I'm just going to go ahead and pick two because I can't pick one. "A Monster Calls" which packed quite the punch and "Silhouette of a Sparrow" because had it not been for "A Monster Calls" that would have been my favorite.
8) Which did you enjoy least?
It isn't that I didn't enjoy it but the Dear Canada book was less engaging than the others. Possibly because I had started it months ago and so I didn't reread it.
9) If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year's Cheerleaders?
Just make sure you leave lots of comments. I love comments.
10) How likely are you to participate in a Read-a-thon again? What role would you likely take next time? That depends entirely on my schedule but assuming that is not an issue then absolutely. I might even get back to blogging sometimes between Read-a-thons!

1 comment:

  1. Middle grade books are definitely perfect for readathons. I have a few of those on my bookshelf back home, and if I were there I would have run to those first.

    Jane

    ReplyDelete